Sunday, January 11, 2009

Home for the Holidays



With my life running full steam ahead, regrettably, I have sacrificed my time for writing with time for accomplishing. Needless to say, so much has happened since the last time I blogged, but the most important has been time with family. For Thanksgiving, Blake and I were fortunate enough to be able to travel to Robeline, LA and spend the holiday with Dad, Jackie, Brooke and Brayden. Brent, Christina and little Austin also made the long haul from Virginia. We had such a wonderful time. Jackie prepare a beautiful meal, we all enjoyed a black friday shopping spree and on Saturday Jackie, Brooke and I went into downtown Nacagdouches and enjoyed fire works, Christmas lights along the river, and a wonderful Louisiana dinner at a beautiful restaurant. Dad, Blake and Brayden, of course, enjoyed a little live basketball at Many High! We had such a peaceful and wonderful time. I am always taken aback by how brilliant and beautiful Brooke and Brayden are. I really enjoy them. They are smart, funny, well-balanced people and I feel blessed each time I get to know them a little more. Dad and Jackie always provide a loving and secure place for us, one that truly feels like going "home." I enjoyed wonderful conversations and laughs with Brent and Christina. As always, Austin was as precious--and precocious--as ever! He refused to let Auntie Sam take him home though! But he knew exactly what he wanted for Christmas!!! In December we went to the Oregon coast to spend Christmas with my family. We always do Christmas Eve at my Grandpa Lewi's; it is truly a time of family, food, a blazing fire and warm cozy feelings! Christmas day is celebrated at my mom's. My mom's home is always so warm and welcoming; with candy dishes overflowing on every table top, festive Christmas decorations anywhere your eyes look, and hot chocolate till your heart's content, you can't help but love spending time there. I love going home. As always, Mom prepared a beautiful Christmas dinner. We were so blessed to spend time with my sister Kali. She was home from college and we spent most of our time together laughing, talking and sleeping! New Years eve we went to Grandma Bev's for a delicious prime rib dinner. We rang in the New Year with a walk to the beach and some loud noise makers!!! We have been very blessed in spending time with family and are thankful for every moment that we have shared with all of you this past year. We look forward to a year of many more happy moments! Love all of you! - Sam 

No comments: